Getting a life insurance quote without personal information is possible. You will not be able to get a quote without any personal details whatsoever, but you can get one without giving your personal identity away. Life insurance prices are based upon life expectancy. While your demographics and lifestyle are important pieces to pricing your life insurance policy and quantifying your risk, life insurance companies can not charge one person with the same risk characteristics more than another. Because only details surrounding your life expectancy are relevant, anyone can get a quote without giving their name, address, social security number, or other identifying information.
Information that you Will Need to Give an Insurance Company for an Accurate Quote
The information you will generally be required to provide in order to receive an accurate quote is:
- Your gender (male or female)- Males and females have different life expectancies. Gender matters when pricing life insurance.
- Date of birth- How old you are currently, gives insight into how many more years you are expected to live. A birth date is absolutely necessary when requesting a life insurance quote.
- Height and weight- Height and weight are used to calculate your BMI. If your BMI puts you in the overweight category, a life insurance company will price your quote a bit higher.
- Your current marital status- This may not be strictly necessary to receive a quote. People who are married actually tend to live longer than those who are single. Being married may lower the price on your quote and it may be helpful to disclose if you are married to help you receive the best price on your quote.
- The type of policy you are interested in (Term, Whole, Variable Universal, etc.)- The type of policy that you are interested in does not affect your life expectancy, but it does change the price of your quote quite a bit. Permanent forms of life insurance are much more expensive than term life insurance.
- How many years of coverage you would like- The longer the coverage, the more expensive life insurance costs. This is because a life insurance company needs to give you coverage for a longer period of time and exposes themselves to the risk of you dying for more years. Also, as people get older their risk of dying goes up. Permanent coverage is much more expensive than any term coverage, which will result in a much higher priced quote.
- How much coverage you would like. (Note – If you are looking for an estimate for how much life insurance you need, you can use our life insurance calculator to get a quick, fast estimate by simply entering your current age, your age of retirement, and the rate of return you want on your investment.)- The more coverage that you have, the higher that your price will be. This makes sense because the life insurance company is obligated to pay out more money in a claim if the face amount is higher.
- Your name, email address, and phone number (So our agents can contact you.)- These are not necessary to receive a price. If you speak with someone over the phone or put your information in online, you should be able to get a quote without this info. Even if you use some fake information, it will not affect the price of your quote. Every insurance company likes to collect this information because it allows its sales teams to follow up and try to sell additional policies.
Additional Information That May be Requested
In addition, we will ask you to answer some simple yes/no questions regarding your health and lifestyle. These questions are:
- Do you have any major health conditions (diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, emphysema, etc.)?- If you do it will increase the cost of your life insurance.
- Are you a smoker and/or use tobacco?- Tobacco use is a big factor in pricing a life insurance quote. If you smoke, you should disclose it when you get a quote, otherwise, your policy will cost a lot more than you expect it to when it is issued!
- Are you currently taking any prescription drugs?- This is not always necessary for a quote, you can withhold this information if you choose. If you have a chronic disease that the drugs address, it may help lower the price of your quote.
- Do you take part in any extreme sports or dangerous activities (kayaking, parachuting, piloting, rock climbing, surfing, etc.)?- This will be reviewed by underwriting and may even be excluded from coverage by the life insurance company, in the contract. If the insurance company does not pay a claim if someone dies engaging in these activities, it will be covered in a special section called “special riders”.
- Have you ever been convicted of driving under the influence?
- Do you currently have another life insurance policy in force?
- Have you ever served in the military? Has your spouse?- These are not necessary pieces of information to obtain a quote. You do not need to disclose this personal information.
Difference Between a Quote and Underwriting
While you may be required to give us limited and basic personal information in order to get an accurate quote, you will never need to divulge sensitive information like your SSN, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, passport/license number, etc. These pieces of information are only required if you submit an actual application for underwriting.
To give an accurate quote, life insurance companies only need to understand your health and lifestyle, and basics about you such as age and gender. With this information, life insurance companies can predict with a high degree of certainty the odds that you may pass away in any given year and price a quote relatively accurately. While they can not tell if any specific person will live or die, they can predict what percentage of people in a big group who are very similar to you will die. Life insurance companies base your price, or premium amount, on the odds that they will need to pay out a claim.
Some life insurance companies do want one very personal piece of information to give a quote. This is your social security number. The reason why some life insurance quote providers require your SSN is to check your credit score. Credit score plays a role in determining life insurance premiums for some providers and in some states, but not always. Apparently, there are some insurers who feel that if you have poor credit, you have a lower life expectancy. At Life Ant, however, we will never ask you for your social security number when giving you a quote. The SSN is one piece of personal information that we feel should not be shared over the internet.
Keep in mind that to actually obtain a life insurance policy, you will need to divulge your personal information. Life insurance is highly regulated since so much potential exists for fraud or other foul play. Companies need to identify the insured person when a claim is filed, as it would be quite costly to pay out claims on unrelated deaths.
How to Get a Quote Without Personal Information
Using our quote provider, you can receive a quote easily in a few minutes. The steps to receive a quote are:
- Enter your zip code in the zip request form on top.
- Put in your birth date, gender, and overall health
- Let us know the type of policy that you are looking for, and the total amount of coverage.
- Enter your email address and phone number if you wish to have someone follow up with you and discuss your options.
The entire process should take less than 5 minutes. While you do not need to provide contact information to receive a price, it may be helpful to work with somebody one on one because they can help you decide which policy best fits your needs. You may be able to save money by getting a policy that provides coverage a bit more efficiently than the one that you were going to choose. Small differences in the policy design can make big differences in the price of the quote.
To get a free life insurance quote from Life Ant, please scroll back up to the top of this page and enter your zip code to begin. Alternatively, click the banner below to get a quote now.