Many life insurance quote providers, including Life Ant, do not require sensitive personal information like your Social Security Number (SSN) when giving you a life insurance quote. We feel that client privacy and security of their confidential information is of the utmost importance. Life Ant takes pride in the fact that we exceed all industry standards in the protection of our customer’s data.
The information you will be required to give when requesting a quote from Life Ant is as followed:
- Your gender (male or female)
- Date of birth
- Height and weight
- Your current marital status
- The type of policy you are interested in (Term, Whole, Variable Universal, etc.)
- How many years of coverage you would like
- How much coverage you would like. (Note – If you are looking for an estimate for how much life insurance you need, you can use our life insurance calculator to get a quick, fast estimate by simply entering your current age, your age of retirement, and the rate of return you want on your investment.)
- Your name, email address, and phone number (So our agents can contact you.)
In addition, we will ask you to answer some simple yes/no questions regarding your health and lifestyle. These questions are:
- Do you have any major health conditions (diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, emphysema, etc.)?
- Are you a smoker and/or use tobacco?
- Are you currently taking any prescription drugs?
- Do you take part in any extreme sports or dangerous activities (kayaking, parachuting, piloting, rock climbing, surfing, etc.)?
- Have you ever been convicted of driving under the influence?
- Do you currently have another life insurance policy in force?
- Have you ever served in the military? Has your spouse?
While you may be required to give us limited and basic personal information in order to get an accurate quote, you will never need to divulge sensitive information like your SSN, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, passport/license number, etc. To give an accurate quote, life insurance companies need to understand your health and lifestyle, and basics about you such as age and gender. With this information, life insurance companies can predict with a high degree of certainty the odds that you may pass away in any given year. While they can not tell if any one person will live or die, they can predict what percentage of people in a big group who are very similar to you will die. Life insurance companies base your price, or premium amount, on the odds that they will need to pay out a claim.
The reason why some life insurance quote providers require your SSN is to check your credit score. Credit score plays a role in determining life insurance premiums for some providers and in some states. Apparently, there are some insurers who feel that if you have poor credit, you have a lower life expectancy. At Life Ant, however, we will never ask you for your social security number when giving you a quote. The SSN is one piece of personal information that we feel should not be shared over the internet.
Keep in mind that to actually obtain a life insurance policy, you will need to divulge your personal information. Life insurance is highly regulated since so much potential exists for fraud or other foul play. Companies need to identify the insured person when a claim is filed, as it would be quite costly to pay out claims on unrelated deaths.
To get a free life insurance quote from Life Ant, please scroll back up to the top of this page and enter your zip code to begin. Alternatively, click the banner below to get a quote now.